Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Great finding

I found the perfect piece for my husband and I to play together: Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1! He's more of a Jazz/Latin pianist so he's been unwilling to commit to learning the accompaniment for something like the Schumann Romances. Which is ok since those are still a reach for me anyway. But the Gymnopedie is perfect. The piano part is just chords. And the melody is slow and simple. I can definitely play that. I just need to work on sound and the feeling of it.

And I actually really like that piece! Must have been those public service announcements it was used for in the late 70's/early 80's.

Want to know something scary? If we manage to get it sounding nice enough AND if I ever hear back about those Lorées I'm supposed to take out on trial, we might actually play it at the wedding my church group is playing on the 23rd. That's assuming I make/buy/beg for/mug for/pray for a good reed by then.

No comments: