Monday, April 18, 2005

Busy weekend

Ugh, I've spent the entire weekend running around and unfortunately was unable to practice much.

My second trial oboe (from McFarland's) just arrived today. I played on my first trial one (from Oboeworks) a bit this weekend. The feel is definitely different from my resonite Fox. I'll write more about them later on this week.

I have a Chemistry test on Wednesday so practice time will continue to be scarce until then.

The reed I got from my teacher came unwound! I had put it inside the trial horn and had a hard time taking it out. I think somehow in that process I loosened the string which was kind of loose to begin with. I rewound it on Saturday night. It's really hard to do that once the cane is already scrapped. I had to be so careful to not break it and to make it the same length. Hopefully I will get a chance to play with it sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I went to an oboe recital last night. I will tell you all about it once my picture arrives via email.

No comments: