Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So many concerts . . .

. . . so little money.

I haven't yet ordered those tickets to the NY Phil and in the meantime I got the catalogue for Carnegie Hall's 2005-2006 season. They're playing the "Sinfonia Concerante" (I think in November) which I absolutely love. Now I *have* to see that one. Oh and I do still want to catch Mother Goose at Lincoln Center. I'll even admit it to wanting to catch Shakira and Juanes at MSG.

Going to bed. Practice made me kind of tired today. What a wimp!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilda, is that the Mozart Sinfonia Concertante for oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn? (Sometimes done for flute, oboe, bassoon and horn instead ... not nearly as nice.) There's also one by Mozart for violin & viola, so I'm just curious and nosy and all that jazz. Oh ... there's one that is attributed to Haydn too ... I think it's for oboe, bassoon, violin and ... hmmm ... maybe cello? I can't remember.

Or is it another composer all together and I work I don't know? Hmmm.

Hilda said...

It's the one for oboe, clarinet, bassoon, and horn (I think K.297b?) and it's listed with that instrumentation so they better not sneak a flute in there haha! Is it true that this may not have been entirely Mozart's work? I really enjoy it regardless. It was the piece I listened to over and over again back when I was trying to decide between oboe and clarinet. So now I know the entire oboe part. Should be fun. This on is on a Thursday night so I know I won't have any scheduling conflicts. I think I'll go ahead and order it.

Hilda said...

Oops forgot to say that it will be the Chicago Symphony Orchestra doing it on November 3rd. And Bruckner Symphony No. 5 which I am listening to now on Rhapsody. So far so good.